ARTICLE VII - Officers and their Duties
- The officers of the MACE Executive Board shall be...
- Past President
- Executive Director
- No member of the MACE Board shall serve on the Executive Board until having completed two (2) years on the MACE Board of Directors.
The President shall...
- preside at all meetings of the Executive Board, Board of Directors and MACE,
- appoint committee chairs and committee members,
- represent MACE in matters of importance to MACE,
- authorize special expenditures of MACE for operation of MACE and in keeping with the actions of the Board of Directors and its budget,
- prepare agendas and communicate with the members of the board,
- extend appropriate courtesies to board members (i.e. death, illness, wedding, retirement, etc.).
The President-Elect shall...
- serve for the President when the President is unable to serve,
- shall automatically assume the office of President upon resignation of the President,
- complete the term of office of the resigned President and then serve the full year to which elected.
The Past-President shall...
- serve as President-Elect in the case of the President-Elect's inability to serve, until a new President-Elect can be elected by the membership,
- chair the Nominating Committee,
- move to the Board of Director's position formally held by the new President-Elect.
The Secretary shall...
- keep a record of the meetings of the Board of Directors, the Executive Board and MACE and see that actions of MACE requiring communication with members, other individuals, or groups are promptly carried out,
- receive the report of the Nominating Committee and prepare a ballot to be provided to the membership in accordance with the stipulations in Article VI,
- provide each board member with a copy of the minutes of each meeting,
- provide each member with a current copy of MACE’s Constitution upon request,
- maintain MACE’s official documents repository and maintain all official communications and/or historical records.
The Executive Director shall...
- establish the account(s) of the MACE, as approved by the Board of Directors. The location of such account(s) shall be determined by the Board of Directors,
- establish procedures for the depositing of funds and the maintenance of MACE properties,
- receive and disburse all funds of MACE as authorized by the Board of Directors. Items contained in a Board-approved budget are automatically authorized for payment as funds are available,
- maintain a record of all financial transactions and report, as requested, to the Board of Directors and annually to MACE at the annual meeting,
- make the records available for audit prior to the annual meeting,
- make arrangements in cooperation with the President for meetings,
- assist the Board of Directors with their assigned duties,
- file appropriate forms with the IRS each year,
- file appropriate forms with the Kansas Secretary of State each year including, as necessary, the registered agent form.